Sign in or
About EDTECH Island
Training Teachers in Virtual Worlds
| EDTECH Island is located in Second Life, and is a free resource for all teachers. We offer a variety of spaces for inworld education events and teaching, a sandbox, and an informational center. Limited condo space is available for free to teachers. IM Bcreative Wilde inworld to reserve event locations. Please see our event schedule at the teleport entrance. |
EDTECH Island was started in January 2007 by faculty and graduate students in the Dept. of Educational Technology at Boise State University to support virtual world teacher education. All are welcome.
Learn more about CAVE Island, our partnership island next to EDTECH.
More about EDTECH Island:
* Rezlibris: An Educated Quest discusses Ann Jeffery's learning activities for "Teaching and Learning in Virtual Worlds" August 2009
* EDTECH island and courses discussed in rezlibris magazine: Training Teachers in a Virtual World August 2009
* EDTECH research discussed in Social Learning Theory in Second Life, June 2009
* EDTECHs virtual world courses featured on WCET,May 2009
* Particpant in 2008 Machinima Festival
*Virtual Worlds Come Alive at AECT 2008 Convention
* University Business Magazine interviews Lisa Dawley in Sizing Up Second Life
* Nominated for Edublog's Best Educational Use of a Virtual World Award in 2007.
* Learning Curves, Dagmar Kojishi, Metaverse Messenger, 2007.
| Inworld Courses |
We offer graduate courses and workshops throughout the year on the island. Our fully online classes are open to all individuals who have a Bachelor's degree, and you can enroll in single courses. Tuition is $1,044 regardless of location.
• Spring 2012 - EDTECH 532: Educational Games and Simulations, requires synchronous meetings in Second Life. Thursdays, 5-6:30 pm PT. Dr. David Gibson & Chris Haskell (graduate course, 3 credits) Syllabus
• Fall 2011 - EDTECH 531: Teaching and Learning in Virtual Worlds, requires synchronous meetings in Second Life Wednesdays, 3-5 pm PT. Ann Jeffery (graduate course, 3 credits) Syllabus
• Construction Junction: Educational Design & Building in SL,
Dr. Lisa Dawley (workshop; CEUs or PD credit available)
Email Dixie Conner for enrollment information on our graduate courses
Register at http://edtech.boisestate.edu/web/procedures.htm
| Presentations by EDTECH Community folks: |
Teaching Mathematics in Virtual Worlds VW BPE 10, Dr. Randall Holmes
Sensory Learning in Virtual Worlds located in ARVEL SIG's new cave system
BSU & Monash University interviews:BSU and Monash students form new collaborative partnership.
EDTECH Island Two Years Later: Training Teachers in Virtual WorldsVW BPE 09 conference presentation, Dawley
Evaluating Second Life Course Experience AECT 08, Bedard-Voohees & Dawley
Learning to Teach in Second Life: A Hands-On Workshop (VSS 2008 presentation)
Jeff Kurka's blog on Construction Junction
Dalai Haskell's podcasts
Blending Blackboard & Second Life, Interview with Dr. Mauri Collins
Inworld presentation on Leveraging Social Network Knowledge Construction for Powerful Learning in Second Life
May 2008, Dawley
AECT In Second Life: Prims, Plans & Projects, 2007, Dr. Ross Perkins
Webinar on Persistent Social Learning: An Emergent ID Model for Virtual World Design
November 2007, Dr. Lisa Dawley
Blog entry about a presentation on Math and Freehand Drawing by Dr. Randall Holmes (aka Leslie Beaumont).
Latest page update: made by dalai
, Jan 12 2012, 6:35 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by dalai
1 word added
1 word deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.